The Society is a non-profit making organisation and does not pursue commercial interests. The aim of the Society is to promote the study, development, and practice of veterinary emergency medicine and critical patient care in Europe.
To this end the Society
- encourages and supports the education and research into veterinary emergency and critical care
- promotes and advises upon standards and guidelines for the clinical practice of veterinary emergency and critical care in Europe
- stimulates co-operation and co-ordination with other societies involved in veterinary emergency and critical care medicine
- will promote and facilitate the development of a European Specialty in Veterinary Emergency and Critical Care by the founding of an European College of Veterinary Emergency and Critical Care
- disseminates information pertinent to the society’s objectives to all interested groups and associations